What do you get someone who’s addicted to their ereader? Skip the hardcovers this year, and buy them something they’ll actually want to read — an ebook.
Retailers like Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Apple have features that allow you to send ebooks as gifts to the pickiest readers on your list.
We’ve outlined how to give ebooks as gifts on these three platforms in the U.S. Check it out below.
1. On the right-hand side of the book’s Kindle page, click the yellow button that says “Give as a Gift.”
2. You are then asked to input the recipient’s email address and date the email with the ebook will be sent to the recipient.
You can also choose to have the email sent to you, and then you can print it or email it yourself.
3. You also have the option to add a personalized message to your recipient.
1. On the book’s Nook page, click the option that says “Buy As Gift.” You can find it to the right of the “Buy Now” button.
2. You are then asked to input the recipient’s email address, a personalized message, and the date the email with the ebook will be sent to your recipient.
3. Finally, you can preview how your message will appear in your recipient’s inbox before submitting.
1. On the book’s iBooks page, click the arrow next to “Buy Book.”
2. From there, you’re given a drop-down menu. Click on the first option that says “Gift This Book.”
3. You are then taken to a form to input the recipient’s email address, a personalized message, and the date the email with the ebook will be sent to your recipient.
4. Finally, Apple lets you select a theme for your email.